In those days the internet and free podcast sites didn’t yet exist. We weren’t even permitted to have a radio or a television, not even a daily newspaper was allowed.
I thank God that one day I discovered the library in town and was able to sneak home books to read and that would allow me to self-educate without the knowledge of the elders. It was those books and the ideas in them that prepared me to escape the commune and begin my own business at the age of 21.
Without a college degree, without a savings account, and without any contacts in the outside world I was able to start a number of very successful businesses in a very short period of time.
Today as I help young people in developing countries become entrepreneurs I tell them “If you’re not reading, you shouldn’t even think about leading.” With so may free podcasts to listen while you drive, play or work…there is no excuse not be learning something new every day.
For those of you who say “I’m not a reader” I’ve got some great news…you can listen to free podcasts that will educate you better than most university programs. After all, the only way I was able to finally enter university was when I agreed to teach about entrepreneurship.
Here’s a List of Podcasts That Educate, Motivate and Inspire Me:
- 1. Michael Hyatt’s This Is Your Life podcast is one of my favorite podcasts and is dedicated to intentional leadership. The goal of this podcast is to help you live with more passion, work with greater focus, and lead with extraordinary influence.
2. Pat Flynn from The Smart Passive Income Blog reveals all of his online business and blogging strategies, income sources and killer marketing tips and tricks so you can be ahead of the curve with your online business or blog.
3. Dan Miller’s "48 Days To The Work You Love” Internet Radio Show is filled with great advice on work, career and business start-up.
4. The Ray Edwards Show – Ray never fails to come through with wisdom on how to start, run, and grow your own internet based business and your life.
5. Entrepreneur On Fire by John Lee Dumas is a podcast created for you, the Serial Entrepreneur, Side-Preneur, or Small Business Owner. If you are looking for inspiration, motivation, and ACTIONABLE advice during your daily commute, workout, or “me” time.
6. Real Talk with Real Millionaires with business coach Jaime Tardy. Jamie interviews millionaire entrepreneurs to learn their failures, advice, tips and stories.
7. Internet Business Mastery teaches you how to use Web 2.0 strategies combined with classic internet marketing principles to build passive income streams and brand yourself as an expert (or even an online celebrity).
8. Leslie Samuel is the creator of the Interactive Biology Blog and the guy behind Become A Blogger. He has a passion for education and has taken on the mission of Changing The World One Blog At A Time.
9. Chris Ducker helps startup, as well as established entrepreneurs to catapult their small business into the 21st century by utilizing ‘new business’ marketing, tips and growth strategies such as blogging, online video, outsourcing and working with virtual assistants, social media and much, much more!
10. Amy Porterfield shows you exactly how to monetize your online marketing and blogging efforts using her own tested, actionable lead generation strategies — so you can successfully launch and promote a new program, grow your email list, get more leads, build your authority, turn your customers into raving advocates or simply find the time to rock your social media and content marketing.
11. Need Motivation? The best daily motivation is The Daily Boost! Find out what makes you happy! Reduce your stress! Get inspired! Master life skills like lifestyle design, balance, communication, career advancement and enjoy more success.
12. Smart entrepreneurs who want to use the web to attract leads and make sales must master the fields of psychology and human behavior. And Social Triggers Insider helps them do just that.
13. Smart Time Online is a podcast created to help entrepreneurs create smarter systems online. Each episode uncovers actionable strategies for landing page optimization, web design, conversion rate optimization, email marketing, passive income, lead gen, marketing and sales funnels, social media, and advanced digital marketing conversion.
14. Donald Kelly known as"The Sales Evangelist"interviews some of the best sales, business and marketing experts. They provide invaluable training of how you can take your career, business and income to a top producer’s status. I know you will enjoy it. Welcome to The Sales Evangelist!
15. The Solopreneur Hour – Lively conversations, candid insights, & bold advice for proudly #unemployable people who are primed for real prosperity and fulfillment. Hosted by Michael O’Neal who co-hosts with the best and brightest solopreneurs from all walks of life, including network marketing, internet marketing, music, fitness, actors, comedians, and more. https://solopreneurhour.com/podcasts/
16. Craig Groeschel and LifeChurch.tv shares great wisdom from a spiritual rather than a religious perspective. I find Craig’s messages of hope, love and acceptance bring good balance to my life.
17. Every week, Chris LoCurto releases a new podcast episode and shares vital information to help you grow your leadership, your business, and your life. Each episode is packed with tools that cause you to look at leadership and life in a different way, and focus on what really matters: people.
18. The Charged Life with Brendon Burchard shares insights on motivation, success, high performance, and living a fully charged life.
19. Social Media Marketing Podcast helps your business thrive with social media By Michael Stelzner, Social Media Examiner
20. Tim Ferriss is a self-experimenter and bestselling author, best known for The 4-Hour Workweek, which has been translated into 40+ languages. In this show, he deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, chess, pro sports, etc.), digging deep to find the tools, tactics, and tricks that listeners can use.
21. The Growth Show is a business podcast for leaders consumed with driving growth — growing a company, growing a movement, growing an idea, growing a team. Each week, we down with someone who has achieved remarkable growth and unpack how.
22. EntreLeadership explores how businesses can use effective management to create ventures that grow and prosper. This podcast focuses on sharing lessons, tips, and tricks from some of today’s top entrepreneurs like Mark Cuban, Seth Godin, and Simon Sinek.
23. The Lean Startup by Eric Ries is about more than creating a more entrepreneurial business…it’s about what we can learn from those businesses to improve virtually everything we do.
24. The Portfolio Life. Jeff Goins shares thoughts & ideas that will help you to pursue work that matters, make a difference with your art & discover your true voice!
25. Love reading? Then you’ll love the Read To Lead Podcast. Desire to stretch and grow by reading more, but haven’t been able to make it happen? Find encouragement here. And in the meantime, learn more than you ever thought possible.